Monday, December 10, 2012

Honey, I lost my passport!

Dear Diary,

We are planning for a short vacation somewhere in Asia.  Hence, there are several things that we need to have such as flight tickets, accommodation arrangement, maps, pocket money to spend and most important is a valid passport.  

So, Ms Clumsy me have forgotten where I kept my passport.  The last trip I went overseas was to Thailand and it was around 8 years ago.  Gosh! can't believe it is so ancient ago.   I searched high and low for that documents either at home or at work.  I even asked my children to check if I accidentally put it at their documents bags.  I practically turned my house upside down, ransacked every drawer and closet but it nowhere to be found.  

So, I called JIM hotline and requested for more information.  The procedures are as below:

  • Lodge a police report.
  • Fill in an application form IM 42 Pin 1/97 and Questionnaire IM42c
  • 2 passport-sized photograph
  • Identification card
  • Copy of lost passport (if any)
  • Other supporting documents

They also said the investigation process would take around 1 months before a  decision can be obtained.  Then, they will decide whether to issue me a new passport OR suspense my application for 2 - 5 years.  WHAT! 1 MONTH to wait for a decision! And there is possibility I have to wait another years before I can go overseas.... 

This couldn't be happening to me! I need it like.... NOW!

After much persuasion and comforting by my other half, we went to Police Headquarters's Special Branch to do the police report.  Since I did the report out of working hours (Friday night), I can only collect the report by the next working day (Monday). I must say that the procedure was a bit tedious but both police officers were quite helpful. They informed me that for passport loss due to misplaced at home and not due to stolen, theft, etc, there is a possibility that no police report is needed.  So I took my chance and went to JIM the next day.  

After submitting all the necessary documents and took my number, I just waited and feeling down again.  When they called for my number, suddenly a miracle happened!  My details of my expired passport somehow couldn't be retrieved.  As a result, I was requested to apply for a new passport.  It took me around 2 1/2 hours and wallahhhhhh I got a brand new passport!  Alhamdulillah!!!!

I called BLY and told him that amazing story.  He just laughed and said everything always  happen for a reason.  Don't ever question the ONE and always think positive....  He is right... always right....

So, the trip is on baby!!!!!


Signed off for now
LOLA

2 comments: