Friday, November 16, 2012

She ain't heavy, she is my mum

Dear Diary,

Being a daddy's girl doesn't mean I don't love my mum or have bad relationship with her.    It just, how to say it, the relationship with mum and daughter share one of life's most complicated connection.  It is no big news that every mother is a daughter who is now experiencing this conflicts from the other side. But hey! don't get me wrong, I love my mum as much as I love my dad.

Literally I owed her my life.  but sometimes I feel like my relationship with my mum share nothing in common.    She definitely knows me better than anyone else, yet so much of the time I just can't see how that works to my advantage.  

My mum has been right beside me for every stage of my life.  From infancy to adolescence stage, from newly wed to mother of two, from marriage to turmoil divorce and insya'allah to remarriage, she's always there to give me her motivation, morale support, guidance and advice.   I know she loves me and wants the best for me but occasionally feel like being control by her.

Being a mother myself, now I begin to understand her clearly.  So now I started be more patient and trying to instill  better relationship with my mum.  She deserves it.  I deserve it.  Now,  I'm trying to walk in her shoe and treat my relationship with my mum the way I want in any relationship.  Compromise is the key word. 

The simple truth is that no one in your life will love you as unconditionally, as purely, as strongly as mothers. After all who you are now come from your relationship with mum and you behaviour with others will reflect those belief. 

I love you and will always love you forever and ever. I'm blessed to have you as my mum.


Signed off for now.
LOLA





No comments:

Post a Comment