Wednesday, November 28, 2012

To stalk or to be stalked....

Dear Diary,

When I was young (I'm still am, but not too young anymore), I was followed by a stalker while I was on the way to office.  Although I have had similar incidents numerous times, I just couldn't help feeling real scared all over again. He was staring at me and trying to keep up with my hurried pace.  Soon, I felt a tug on my arm and when I turned around, I found myself looking into a leering face of a short, old guy.  I was so scared and run away as fast as I could.  By the time I reached the office, I was badly shaken and traumatized.  

After confiding with colleagues about the incident and surfing on internet, I manage to get some some advice and guidance on how to tackle this 'stalker' issue.  This is what I got: 

  • Ignore him completely, he will get bored and walk off.
  • Carry pepper spray or chilli powder.  Use it when necessary.
  • Don't try to lose the stalker by going down empty path, you will get in even more trouble.
  • Make friends or walk alongside other ladies, even if you don't know them. Make sure there are other people around you.
  • Tell people around you about his potential intention. You will be safer if a group of people know.
  • Say your prayers. It works to turn luck in your favor.  Insya'allah you will be helped by the most unlikely of strangers or maybe the stalker will get distracted by something and leave.
  • Shout so that everybody looks, but do not use any foul language.  Just tell the stalker in a very loud voice to stop following you and go away.
  • Make a crying face or act helpless to the crowd, so the other guys will be a knight in shining armour and come to your defense.
  • Otherwise keep a straight face, don't look scared or make silly expression.
Good luck!

Signed off for now
LOLA


   

No comments:

Post a Comment